Working together with WICE, city | art insider has designed courses to answer the questions we most often hear from novice collectors.
- How do I start a collection?
- What strategies do I use to build one?
- How do I choose works?
- How do I know what's a fair price?
- How do I know if a piece is a good investment?
- What are the pros and cons of the various avenues for purchase?
- How do I buy at auction, in a fair, at a gallery or from an artist's studio?
The courses are offered as a series. The first is focused on galleries, auctions and with a special guided visit to an art fair.
The second picks up with a more in depth look at galleries, purchasing directly from artists' studios and a special focus on photography, with a visit to Paris Photo.
Or, enjoy a private tutorial.
city | art insider is pleased to offer custom instruction, on your schedule. From half-a-day to multiple sessions.